Saturday, April 21, 2012

Exercise for the Busy Mom


Exercise, now that one used to always be the hardest one to check off my list! Seriously, who has time to exercise? I barely have enough time use the restroom, I have to exercise too?

My name is Allie. I am a mother of two adorable children.  We all say that right? I definitely won’t get the Mother of the Year Award. Heck, I probably won’t even be a candidate for Mother of the Week. But I am a master of juggling. Ok well, I was able to juggle everything but exercise. With working full time, my kids’ activities, daily errands, daily chores, and homework, exercise was always at the bottom of my list and always left uncrossed.

If you’re like me, you too probably felt that with all that constant movement there’s no need for exercise. But then why am I still gaining weight? Well, hmm, maybe not eating right and not routinely exercising was the cause? Yes… ok it was!

In July of last year, I set out to make a change. I had finally gained a total of (drum roll please) 80 unbelievable pounds. I was so depressed, and just wanted to crawl into a corner. My relationship with my husband was going downhill due to lack of self-esteem, and my attitude problem. My mothering skills were at an all-time low, and I had no social life. My weight had become a recipe for disaster.

Finally, it was time to stop making excuses, and make a new start for myself.  I started dieting, and the weight was melting off. But I still wasn’t exercising. I tried to incorporate it as much as possible. I started out just walking 2-3 times a week, but that still wasn’t enough. Well, then I set out to run! Yes, running was a great stress reliever, but I felt like I had to do an hour 3-4 times a week to see any difference.

That’s when I hit the internet, in search for an exercise that I could do from home. I knew financially I couldn’t afford to pay for a gym membership, and well I have commitment issues. My exercise program had to be easy to do from home, had to keep my interest and most importantly I had to be able to do it in less than 30 minutes.

After searching a while I found a really cool website called Warrior X-Fit. It’s all that and a bag of chips! Ok not the best example, how about a bag of 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels?  Their workouts consist of 6 different exercises every day. I absolutely love it because I don't get bored and most importantly I am always working the different muscle groups. With Warrior X-Fit, I don’t have to commit to a monthly fee because its 100% free all the time. I don’t need any fancy equipment; all you need is one resistance band. Most importantly, it only takes 20 minutes a day. That was the deal maker for me.  I need an extensive yet easy workout that’s less than 30 minutes a day.  Hey, now I’ve just shaved another 10 minutes off my daily exercise routine. Now I have time for a nice relaxing bubble bath before I retire for bed.

Working out doesn’t have to be a chore. Check out Warrior X-Fit and watch the pounds melt off and your muscles tone!

No comments:

Post a Comment